Counseling in Motion BK edition was developed by the American Center for Credit Education (ACCE), a division of Rushmore Consumer Credit Resource Center. ACCE has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our commitment to privacy.
Counseling in Motion BK edition is brought to you by one of ACCE's partner organizations. This partner organization enrolled you in Counseling in Motion BK edition. ACCE collects information when you enroll in the program and when you complete the program. ACCE also collects demographic information and program evaluation information you provide. ACCE provides this information about you to your enrolling partner organization. Your enrolling partner organization is obligated to maintain your privacy.
If you enrolled in Counseling in Motion BK to fulfill the financial education requirement for bankruptcy, you authorize your partner organization and ACCE to share your information with your attorney and Executive Office for U.S. Trustees (EOUST) if they require it.
Information We Collect:
We collect, use and retain personal information about you to help provide services to you and help you achieve your financial goals. Personal information includes personally identifiable financial information that we may obtain in connection with providing a product or service. The information that we receive from you – such as your name, address and telephone number - orally and/or on tests, evaluations and other forms may be shared with the partner organization that enrolled you in this program.
We Maintain Accurate Information:
We have procedures to help assure that your financial information is accurate, current and complete.
We Limit Employee Access to Information:
Our employees have access to your information only when they need it for business reasons. All employees are trained to respect the security and integrity of our client information. Those who violate our policy will be subject to discipline.
We share information with nonaffiliated third parties when they are acting on our behalf or acting jointly with us. We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, with nonaffiliated organizations that are acting on our behalf or are acting jointly with us. These nonaffiliated third parties include:
- Companies that provide support services such as technical systems consultants and programmers and others permitted by law, including the attorneys and trustees as stated above.
- Others as permitted or required by law such as attorneys, trustees, government entities responding to subpoenas and other legal processes, and those with whom you ask us to share information.
Security Procedures to Protect Information:
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access to confidential information about you. We update and test our technology to improve protection of our information about you and to assure the integrity of our information. Each client will be given unique identifiers and passwords.
Visitors To Our Website:
Visitors to our website remain anonymous, unless they are using online programs. We do not collect identifying information about visitors to our website. We do collect the following information:
- IP addresses and/or domain names, the date and time the site was accessed, and the city, county and country where the web page request initiated. This information is used to create summary statistics and to determine the level of interest in the information that is available on our site.
- Information provided by a site visitor on a web form is collected to perform the services offered at the site. These services include e-mail correspondence and Counseling in Motion BK course tests. The information is used, as appropriate, to fulfill the visitor’s request. The information is not disseminated or sold to other organizations.
- ACCE does not rent, sell or otherwise make available your e-mail address or personal information.
Our Privacy Commitment to You:
ACCE is an accredited organization. We want you to know we are committed to your personal privacy and our careful use of information we collect.